Tuesday 20 July 2010

So, Hi and Stuff.

Hello there people of the internet!
My name is Faye and this is my blog. Isn't it lovely.
I've tried starting blogs before but never got around to updating them much. But I like the idea of having a blog and want to start one again. So this is it.
I'll probably be using this to update my progress on various WriMos I do. (Mainly NaNoWriMo, but I'm currently in the middle of JulNoWriMo.)

For the curious, here's a list of ny NaNo history.
NaNo '06- Phoenix. Surprisingly, I won, although I think I changed to a different story half way through.
NaNo '07- Unnamed SciFi Thing. I failed badly.
NaNo '08- My Sweet Revenge. Another win, but I never actually finished the novel.
NaNo '09- Fantasies Come True. Fail. I only did a few thousand words and the story wasn't going anywhere.
JulNo '10- The World Is Mine. On track to win and finish the novel, which will be a first.

My username on the official NaNoWriMo forums is Fairytalehero. On the JulNo forums I'm Fayola, which is a nickname I have IRL... it's kinda a long story.

As you may have guessed, I like reading and writing. I might want to be an author... but I haven't really decided what I'm doing with my future yet. You can expect this blog to be about stuff I write and books I read, as well as random stuff I decided to share with my lovely readers (which I'll probably have very few of. :P)

If you would like to know more about me, I am 16 years old and I live in England. That means I've just finished Year 11 of school. For some people that might mean going on to 6th Form at the school you already go to, but my school doesn't have a 6th Form so I'll be going to a College. With new people who I don't know yet. Scary stuff. I'll keep you updated on how that goes. I'm also trying to get a job at the moment. I've printed off about 30 CVs but haven't given any out yet. I've applied online for a couple of places. I was immediately rejected by one, and am still waiting a reply from the other. They said they would take up to 7 working days to get back to me, and so far it's been 6 working days. I'd rather know sooner if they're just going to say no.
If all else fails, I'm going to try and get a job at McDonalds, where my brother works. Sigh.

I'm a bit of a nerd and I enjoy books, video games, and TV. My absolute fabourite TV show in the whole world is LOST. So if you're a LOST fan, feel free to talk to me about it. :D I don't know many people IRL who watch it except for my parents and one girl who doesn't really seem as obsessive as I am. I won't bore you with an exhaustive list of all the TV shows I like, but I might talk about them at times in my blog. The same goes for my favourite books. I might even do revies of all the books I read, if that won't bore people to death. :P

So that's pretty much all I wanted to talk about in this introduction-y post. I promise it'll be less boring than this from now on. ;)

TTFN,

Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment